The Halliwell Centre, Carmarthen
The Halliwell Centre is a purpose designed all year conference venue which is ideal for both day and residential conferences. Our suites ensure that our guests have modern conference facilities required to make every conference successful.
We pride ourselves on delivering outstanding customer service and strive to deliver a ‘home from home’ atmosphere. This, combined with our delicious and varied catering options, ensure that you and your guests have a memorable experience.
For a Virtual Tour of the Halliwell, click here.
The Halliwell Centre is the perfect location for all types of corporate events, situated on the outskirts of the market town of Carmarthen with good transport links to South and West Wales.
Whether you are planning a conference, a launch, or a networking event we can help ensure it will be a success. With a wide choice of flexible meeting rooms available throughout the day and evening, each having its unique style and ambiance. State of the art AV equipment is available for hire and free Wi-Fi is available in all rooms.
Being the most popular conference venue in the region, hosting hundreds of conferences a year, with experienced and friendly staff on hand to offer you an excellent service and guide you throughout your conference journey.
- All our conference suites have natural daylight and pre-installed AV equipment.
- A spacious and comfortable main conference suite with a capacity of 200 delegates.
- A range of other conferences suites with a seating capacity from 40 to 100 delegates.
- A theatre space that has a capacity of 325, ideal for conferences, product launches, theatrical performances and concerts.
- A main exhibition area of 210m² with further exhibition space available.
- Registration & Reception Area.
- Free Wi-Fi is provided throughout the venue to keep you connected.
- Flexible catering and refreshments can be delivered to you.
- High quality catering, offering a wide range of conference menus to suit your budget.
- Restaurant & coffee shops located with the centre, open 8.00am to 6.30pm. (Seasonal)
- Our talented team of chefs are always delighted to discuss menu options, including any special dietary requirements and requests.
- A work station is located at our main office for printing for your convenience.
- A sound induction system for the hearing impaired.
- Dedicated conference team who work with you to ensure the meeting runs exactly as you envisage thus easing the strain on the organiser!
- Limited parking
- Disabled access to all rooms.
- During University vacations periods we have up to 340 well-appointed standard & en-suite bedrooms available for residential conferencing along with a range of further conference and meeting rooms.
The Cothi Suite
The suite holds up to 200 delegates’ theatre style, it has its own bar, a centrally located dance floor and a large veranda with contemporary patio furniture, ideal for those beautiful summer days.
The Teifi Suite
A pleasant suite for a maximum of 80 guests for a sit-down meal or 120 for a buffet. A light and airy room with dual aspect rooms looking out over our peaceful picturesque gardens.
The Taf Suite
The Taf can seat up to 40 delegates for small meeting and training sessions. Ideal for more informal meetings.
This stylish multi-purpose glass-fronted room that leads onto a large patio area, has a contemporary feel with its light and neutral furnishings, it has its own bar and it can seat up to 220 guests.
Evening and Seasonal Bookings
We have a large number of enhanced classrooms and the Archbishop Childs Room available for evening and seasonal bookings. Please contact us if you would like further information.
Conference Suite Equipment and Services Hire:
The Halliwell Centre Carmarthen is a large venue with a broad range of rooms to
suit any function. Located in the north of the town, with a large carpark on site
and is also easily accessible by public transport.